Certificate III in Individual Support
Late 2022 the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC) announced new versions of Certificate III in Individual Support and Certificate IV in Disability.
The new certificates take in the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety and align with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Workforce Capability Framework.
Students undertake disability or aged care elective units, which will give carers skills and knowledge for person-centred support across residential, home or community care settings.
CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support is a nationally recognised qualification is suitable for Personal Carers in aged care (AINs), Disability Support Workers and Community Carers.
This qualification will empower personal carers with the necessary skills and knowledge to provision care to the elderly and people living with disability.
Workers may be in a residential aged care home, SILs/ disability group homes, day programs, community care and private homes.
On completion of the course students will be job ready and able to provide personalised, physical and emotional support and companionship to residents, NDIS users and participants.
Employment Opportunities and Job Roles with this qualification include:
- Personal Carer – Aged Care
- Personal Carer – Disability Support
- Assistant in Nursing
- Community Care Support Worker
- SIL/ Group Home Personal Carer
- Residential Support Worker
- Respite Care Worker
Why Wentworth College:
- Wentworth College primarily operates B2B, liaising with aged care, disability support and community services organisations.
- Train and learn with classmates who are working in the same or similar job role.
- Timetabled classes represent an excellent opportunity to network, share knowledge and experience with other students working in the same job role.
- Our RN Trainers are industry professionals with extensive teaching experience.
- One on one support available.
- Support staff are readily available to respond to student queries.
- Fast tracking options available.
Flexible Course Delivery
- Mixed mode training and assessment allows greater flexibility to balance studies, work routine and home life.
- Convenient scheduling minimises impact on work rosters and travel time.
- Part time delivery format includes timetabled fortnightly class attendance, self-directed learning, workplace hours and completion of assessment tasks.
- Class attendance and participation is mandatory.
- Students may utilise some or all work hours as an alternative to undertaking 120 hours work placement (suitability conditions apply).
- Credit transfer from previous study or any other relevant qualification, if applicable, may reduce attendance requirements, study load and the course duration.
- Course duration max 18 months.
Training and Assessment:
- Interactive and high engagement live Zoom classes.
- Face to Face sessions at the workplace.
- Self-directed learning (at home).
- Workplace training hours/ Work Placement.
- Written Assessment Tasks – Question and Answer and Small Projects.
- Practical/Simulated Assessment Tasks.
- Workplace visits, to conduct assessments, observations, provide face to face support
About Work Placement:
- A minimum of 120 hours to fulfil the requirements of the qualification.
- Students may utilise some or all work hours as an alternative to undertaking 120 hours work placement (suitability conditions apply)
- We visit at work, to conduct assessments, workplace observations and finalise evidence requirements
Wentworth College is pleased to introduce our online student portal, Cloud Assess.
Cloud Assess is an easy-to-use tool designed to be a paperless solution for training and assessment.
Our students can access all training and assessment materials and submit all assessments via the portal.
And benefit from all the functionalities including streamlined efficiency, a resources library, live marking, results and feedback, paperless solution and more.
Core Units (9):
Provide individualised support
Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support
Support independence and well-being
Recognise healthy body systems
Communicate and work in health or community services
Work with diverse people
Work legally and ethically
Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Elective Units (3 of 6):
Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
Recognise and report risk and falls
Work with people with mental health issues
AGED CARE SPECIALISATION UNITS
Deliver care services using a palliative approach
Provide support to people living with dementia
Work effectively in aged care
DISABILITY SPECIALISATION ELECTIVE UNITS
Support community participation and social inclusion
Work effectively in disability support
Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
For further information about this qualification, click here.
Course Entry Requirements:
Prior to the commencement of training a Pre-Training Review will be conducted
This starts with a telephone or personal meeting with our Training Manager who will provide comprehensive course information and answer your questions to ensure this is the right course for you before you enrol.
Learners must be assessed as meeting the following criteria:
Training in priority qualifications is fee-free and fully funded by NSW and Commonwealth government.
For more information about your eligibility for funding and the enrolment fee please contact us on 1300 138 792 or email email@example.com
Alternately please express your interest by completing an online Candidate Eligibility Form, below
Study at Wentworth College
For a positive learning experience with like-minded students Enrol at Wentworth College. Call 1300 138 792