Certificate IV in Mental Health
This nationally recognised qualification is suitable for Mental Health Support/ Outreach Workers, Disability and Community carers, in a residential and community setting.
The training focuses on providing students with a comprehensive understanding of mental health, psychiatric disability and recovery.
Work may be undertaken in a range of community settings including accommodation services, day programs, in-home community care, respite care and rehabilitation.
On completion of the course students will have gained skills and knowledge to provision emotional, psychological, well-being and social support.
Employment Opportunities and Job Roles with this qualification include:
- Mental Health Support
- Mental Health Outreach Worker
- Mental Health Rehabilitation Support Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Assistant in Nursing
- Respite Care Worker
- Lifestyle Officer
- Team Leader
Why Wentworth College:
- Wentworth College primarily operates B2B, liaising with aged care, disability support and community services organisations.
- Train and learn with classmates who are working in the same or similar job role, in Residential Aged Care, Group Homes and In-Home Care.
- Timetabled classes represent an excellent opportunity to network, share knowledge and experience with other students working in mental health and community services.
- Our Trainers are mental health industry professionals with extensive teaching experience.
- One on one support available.
- Support staff are readily available to respond to student queries.
- Fast tracking options available
Flexible Course Delivery:
- Mixed mode training and assessment for work-based students allows greater flexibility to balance studies, work routine and home life.
- Convenient scheduling minimises impact on work rosters and travel time.
- Part time delivery format includes timetabled fortnightly class attendance, self-directed learning, workplace hours and completion of assessment tasks.
- Class attendance and participation is mandatory.
- Credit transfer from other relevant qualifications will reduce attendance requirements,
- study load and the course duration.
- Course duration max 18 months.
Training and Assessment:
- Interactive and high engagement live Zoom classes.
- Train and learn with classmates who are work in mental health and community services.
- IFace to Face sessions at the workplace.
- ISelf-directed learning (at home).
- IWritten Assessment Tasks – Question and Answer and Small Projects.
- IPractical/Simulated Assessment Tasks.
- IWorkplace visits, to conduct assessments, observations and provide face to face support.
About Placement Hours:
- A minimum of 80 hours to fulfil the requirements of the qualification.
- Students may utilise some or all work hours as an alternative to undertaking 80 hours work placement (suitability conditions apply)
- Wentworth College assists students to find a host for placement if required via our established network of industry partners.
- We visit at work, to conduct assessments, workplace observations and finalise evidence requirements.
Wentworth College is pleased to introduce our online student portal, Cloud Assess.
Cloud Assess is an easy-to-use tool designed to be a paperless solution for training and assessment.
Our students can access all training and assessment materials and submit all assessments via the portal.
And benefit from all the functionalities including streamlined efficiency, a resources library, live marking, results and feedback, paperless solution and more.
Core Units (11):
Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
Establish self-directed recovery relationships
Provide recovery oriented mental health services
Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
Work effectively in trauma informed care
Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
Work with diverse people
Participate in workplace health and safety
Work legally and ethically
Elective Units (4):
Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Work with people with mental health issues
Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Recognise and respond to crisis situations
For further information about this qualification, click here.
Course Entry Requirements:
To ensure this is the right course for you, prior to the commencement of training, a Pre-Training Review will be conducted.
This starts with a conversation with our Training Manager who will provide comprehensive course information and answer your questions.
Learners must be assessed as meeting the following criteria:
Training in priority qualifications is fee-free and fully funded by NSW and Commonwealth government.
For more information about your eligibility for funding and the enrolment fee please contact us on 1300 138 792 or email email@example.com
Alternately please express your interest by completing an online Candidate Eligibility Form, below:
Study at Wentworth College
For a positive learning experience with like-minded students Enrol at Wentworth College. Call 1300 138 792