Certificate IV in Disability Support
Late 2022 the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC) announced new versions of Certificate III in Individual Support and Certificate IV in Disability.
The new certificates align with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Workforce Capability Framework and take in the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
Students undertake disability or aged care elective units, which will give carers skills and knowledge for person-centred support across residential, home or community care settings.
CHC43121 Certificate IV in Disability Support is a nationally recognised qualification suitable for Disability Support Workers, Personal Carers, AINs.
This qualification will empower personal carers with the necessary skills and knowledge to provision care to people living with disability, NDIS users and the elderly.
Work may be carried out in SILs, disability group homes and accommodation services, day programs, community care and private homes.
On completion of the course students will be job ready and able to provide personalised, physical, and emotional support and companionship to residents and participants.
Employment Opportunities and Job Roles with this qualification include:
- Personal Carer
- Disability Support Worker
- SIL Manager
- Group Home Manager
- Assistant in Nursing
- Life Enrichment Officer
- Practice Leader/ Team Leader
Why Wentworth College:
- Wentworth College primarily operates B2B, liaising with aged care, disability support and community services organisations.
- Train and learn with classmates who are working in the same or similar job role, in SILs, Group Homes, Day Programs, Home Care.
- Timetabled classes represent an excellent opportunity to network, share knowledge and experience with other students working in the same job role.
- Our Trainers are industry professionals with extensive teaching experience.
- One on one support available.
- Support staff are readily available to respond to student queries.
- Fast tracking options available
Flexible Course Delivery
- Mixed mode training and assessment for work-based students allows greater flexibility to balance studies, work routine and home life.
- Convenient scheduling minimises impact on work rosters and travel time.
- Part time delivery format includes timetabled fortnightly class attendance, self-directed learning, workplace hours and completion of assessment tasks.
- Class attendance and participation is mandatory.
- Credit transfer from previous study or any other relevant qualification, if applicable, may reduce attendance
- requirements, study load and the course duration.
- Course duration max 12 months.
Training and Assessment:
- Interactive and high engagement live Zoom classes.
- Train and learn with classmates who are working in the same or similar job role.
- Face to Face sessions at the workplace.
- Self-directed learning (at home).
- Written Assessment Tasks – Question and Answer and Small Projects.
- Practical/Simulated Assessment Tasks.
- Workplace visits, to conduct assessments, observations and provide face to face support.
Wentworth College is pleased to introduce our online student portal, Cloud Assess.
Cloud Assess is an easy-to-use tool designed to be a paperless solution for training and assessment.
Our students can access all training and assessment materials and submit all assessments via the portal.
And benefit from all the functionalities including streamlined efficiency, a resources library, live marking, results and feedback, paperless solution and more.
Core Units (7):
Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
Manage legal and ethical compliance
Maintain work health and safety
Work with people with mental health issues
Elective Units (3):
Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Assess co-existing needs
Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
For further information about this qualification, click here.
Course Entry Requirements:
To ensure this is the right course for you, prior to the commencement of training, a Pre-Training Review will be conducted.
This starts with a conversation with our Training Manager who will provide comprehensive course information and answer your questions.
Learners must be assessed as meeting the following criteria:
Training in priority qualifications is fee-free and fully funded by NSW and Commonwealth government.
For more information about your eligibility for funding and the enrolment fee please contact us on 1300 138 792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately please express your interest by completing an online Candidate Eligibility Form, below
Study at Wentworth College
For a positive learning experience with like-minded students Enrol at Wentworth College. Call 1300 138 792