NSW Job Trainer/ Skills for Recovery Training Initiative
Under Skills for Recovery you may be eligible for one of our FEE FREE training courses, this great training initiative has been extended for enrolments up to 31 December 2022 !
Skilling for Recovery is part of a matched funding commitment of $640 million between the NSW and Australian governments under the JobTrainer Fund.
Skilling for Recovery is a key component of the State’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
It includes additional fee free training places in Skilling for Recovery priority full qualifications to reskill, retrain and redeploy the workforce to industries where there are skills shortages and emerging employment opportunities.
Am I eligible for Skills for Recovery Fee Free Training at Wentworth College ?
You must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- 15 years old and over; AND
- No longer at school; AND
- Live OR work in NSW; AND
- Australian OR New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident OR a Humanitarian Visa Holder, OR a Partner Visa Holder whose sponsor is a current or past Humanitarian Visa Holder.
And meet one of the following eligibility criteria :
- A person aged 16 to 24 (including school leavers); OR
- A person who is a recipient of a Commonwealth Government welfare benefit: OR
- An unemployed person; OR
- At risk of losing their job; OR
- A Veteran and their partner; OR
- Undertaking qualifications in priority industries such as Aged Care, Disability care This means that employed people (existing workers) will also be able to access fee-free training in specific full and part qualifications in the priority industries listed above. Note, to be eligible, existing worker students do not need to be employed in one of these industries.
Note: an employed person who is ‘expected to become unemployed’ and falls into one of the following four categories:
- Stood down/ furloughed employee
- Person who has been employed for 6 months or less
- Low skilled/unskilled employee
- Workers in declining industries
Fee Free Courses at Wentworth College:
Deferral of Training:
Skilling for Recovery is an initiative of short duration that provides training opportunities to improve employment opportunities as the state of NSW recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Given the intent of the initiative, a student cannot defer training unless all the following circumstances are met:
- The request to defer training is supported by a medical certificate which explains why the student’s medical condition prohibits the student from continuing with the training; and
- The request is for a deferral period of no more than six months ; and
- The student has commenced training prior to seeking the deferral, a student cannot enrol and immediately defer
- Wentworth College will determine whether a deferral should be received based on the criteria above.
If you would like more information, about Skilling for Recovery, Job Trainer and NSW Smart and Skilled call our team on 1300 138 792
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government, for more information visit https://www.training.nsw.gov.au/programs_services/sfr/index.html
For further information about this qualification, click here.
Study at Wentworth College
For a positive learning experience with like-minded students Enrol at Wentworth College. Call 1300 138 792